Use Single App Mode to provision devices so they can only access a single app of choice. Single App Mode disables the home button and forces the device to boot directly into the designated app if the user attempts a manual restart.
This feature ensures that the device is not used for anything outside of the desired application and has no way of accessing unintended other apps, device settings, or an Internet browser. This feature is useful for restaurants and retail stores. For education, students can use devices that are locked access to a single game, eBook, or exercise.
- An iOS 7 or higher device configured in Supervised mode. (iOS 7 and higher is required for extra options and autonomous single app mode.)
- Navigate to Apple iOS. Select
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Single App Mode payload.
- Configure Single App mode settings including:
Setting Description Filter Type
Choose a filter, either Lock device into a single app or Permitted apps for autonomous single app mode:
- Lock device into a single app – Lock devices into a single public, internal, purchased, or native application until the profile with this payload is removed. The home button is disabled, and the device always returns to the specified application from a sleep state or reboot.
- Permitted apps for autonomous single app mode – Enable whitelisted applications to trigger Single App Mode based on an event that controls when to turn on and off Single App Mode on the device. This action happens within the app itself as determined by the app developer.
Application Bundle ID Enter the bundle ID or select one from the drop-down menu. The bundle ID appears in the drop-down menu after the application has been uploaded to the UEM console. For example: com.air-watch.secure.browser. Optional Settings Choose optional settings for Supervised iOS 7 and higher devices.
- Select Save & Publish. Each device provisioned with this profile enters Single App Mode.