For iOS 7 and higher devices, you can force selected applications to connect through your corporate VPN. Your VPN provider must support this feature, and you must publish the apps as managed applications.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles> Add and select iOS.
- Select the VPN payload from the list.
- Configure your base VPN profile accordingly.
- Select Per-App VPN to generate a VPN UUID for the current VPN profile settings. The VPN UUID is a unique identifier for this specific VPN configuration.
- Select Connect Automatically to display text boxes for the Safari Domains, which are internal sites that trigger an automatic VPN connection.
- Choose a Provider Type to determine how to tunnel traffic, either through an application layer or IP layer.
- Select Save & Publish.
If saving was done as an update to an existing VPN profile, then any existing devices/applications that currently use the profile are updated. Any devices/applications that were not using any VPN UUID are also updated to use the VPN profile.