This payload allows you to configure settings and authentication with third-party web content filters.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles > Add > Add Profile. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether this profile will apply to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Content Filter payload.
- In the Filter Type, see that Plug-in is enabled.
- Complete the required Content Filter information including:
Setting Description Filter Name Enter the name of the filter that displays in the app and on the device. Identifier Enter the bundle ID of the identifier of the plug-in that provides filtering service. Service Address Enter the hostname, IP address or URL for service. Organization Choose the organization string that is passed to the 3rd party plug-in. Filter WebKit Traffic Select this check box to choose whether to filter WebKit traffic. Filter Socket Traffic
Select this check box to choose whether to filter Socket traffic.Note: Either WebKit or Socket traffic needs to be enabled in order for the payload to work.
- Configure the Authentication information including:
Setting Description User Name Use look-up values to pull directly from the user account record. Ensure your Workspace ONE UEM user accounts have an email address and email username defined. Password Enter the password for this account. Payload Certificate Choose the authentication certificate.
- Add Custom Data which includes keys required by the third-party filtering service. This information goes into the vendor config dictionary.
- Select Save & Publish.