Write a command or script and report it as a custom attribute using the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for macOS v.2.3 and higher. Choose when to execute the command or script on hourly intervals or during an event.
Custom Attributes can also be used in Assignment Rules for Products. For more information about Products, see Product Provisioning for macOS .
- Navigate to Add then Add Profile. Select Apple macOS, and then select Device Profile, since this profile is only applicable to the entire device. and select
- Scroll down the menu bar on the left and select Custom Attributes followed by Configure.
- Enter the Attribute Name.
- Enter the Script/Command to run. Expand the text box as needed.
- Choose an Execution Interval to allow for scheduling to report either in hours or as an event occurs.
- Use the + and - buttons at the bottom of the payload to create multiple scripts.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.
Note: Custom Attribute values cannot return the following special characters: / \ " * : ; < > ? |. If a script returns a value which contains these characters, the value is not reported on the console. Trim these characters from the script's output.