An Energy Saver profile enforces the settings for when the computer should sleep and configure wake options.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select Device Profile, since this profile is only applicable to the entire device.
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Energy Saver payload.
- Configure Energy Saver settings, including:
Setting Description Desktop
- Sleep Options – Set the length of time for the computer or display to go to sleep.
- Wake Options – Set when the computer will wake depending on Ethernet network administrator access, pressing the power button and automatically after a power failure.
Laptop Laptop power options are identical to desktop power options. Configure specific configurations when the laptop is using battery power or when connected to a power adapter. Schedule Set the computer to start up or go to sleep at specific times. Also set unique schedules depending on weekday, specific day and any day.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices. If you push a laptop profile to a desktop device, or vice versa, the profile is ignored by the receiving device.