A Finder profile controls general settings related to what end users can see on their devices and the actions they are allowed to perform.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether this profile will apply to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Finder payload.
- Configure settings on the Preferences, including:
Setting Description Use Regular Finder/Use Simple Finder Allow user to access either Regular Finder or Simple Finder as a default. Hard Disk Show the device's Hard Disk icon on the Desktop. External Disk Show any connected external disk icons on the Desktop. CDs, DVDs, and iPods Show any inserted media icons on the Desktop. Connected Server Show any connected servers icons on the Desktop. Show warning before emptying the Trash
Present user with prompt before emptying the Trash.
- Configure settings on the Commands, including:
Setting Description Connect to server Allow users to open a dialog box and find servers on a network. Eject Allow users to eject removable media and mountable volumes. Burn Disc Allow users to write permanent information to a CD or DVD. Go to Folder Allow users to open files or folders by typing the path name. Restart Allow users to access the restart command from the Apple Menu. Shut Down Allow users to access the shutdown command from the Apple Menu.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.