A parental control profile manages settings that limit profanity, blacklist or whitelist specific URLs, time allowances and curfews.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether this profile will apply to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Parental Controls payload.
- Configure Content Filter settings , including:
Setting Description Enable use of Dictation Select this check box to allow user access to Dictation feature. Hide Profanity in Dictionary and Dictation Select this check box to remove profane terminology. Limit Access To Websites By Select this check box to enable web restrictions. Then, select the applicable radio button for your desired restriction and add blacklisted and whitelisted URLs as needed.
- Configure Time Limits settings:
Select this check box to enable time limit restrictions. Allowances Select the applicable check boxes to set allowed device usage to either weekdays or weekends and use the drop-down menus to specify time limits for daily device usage. Curfews Select the applicable check boxes to prevent the end user from accessing the device during weekdays or weekends and use the drop-down menus to set specific time frames when device usage is not allowed.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.