By creating a Printer configuration profile you can tell devices which default printer to use and set printer access and footer options.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether this profile will apply to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Printing payload.
- Select Add Printer. An Add Printer window appears.
- Configure the Printer settings including:
Setting Description Name Enter the name of the printer to add. Printer address Enter the printer address. Location Specify the friendly location name. Model/Driver
Choose the printer type.
- Set model/driver to Custom if the printer does not support generic drivers for macOS devices. If using Custom Driver, the driver text must be the exact name, which can be found by locating the configured printer on the computer and copying the Kind listed under the printer description.
Lock printer settings Force the user to enter an Admin password to access the printer settings. Advanced Unlock the PPD file location and enter it. Default Printer Select a printer to be the default printer.
Allow user to modify printer list
Enable end users to modify printers on the device. Allow printers to connect directly to the device Enable printers to connect automatically. If checked, you can also require admin passcode.
Only show managed printers
Allow end users to view a list of managed printers available to the device. Print page footer Select this to auto-populate the footer with user information and time of print. Include macOS Address
Add a macOS address to show the location of the pages that print and specify the font name and size of the footer.
Font Name Specify the font name. Font Size Specify the size of the footer.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.