By creating a Time machine profile you can specify a backup server location used to mount and backup the device.
- Navigate to Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select Device Profile, since this profile is only applicable to the entire device. and select
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Time machine payload.
- Configure Time machine settings, including:
Setting Description Backup all volumes Secure all volumes associated with the device. By default, only the startup volume is backed up. Backup system files and folders Secure all system files and folders, which are skipped by default. Enable automatic backup Back up the system automatically at determined intervals. Enable local snapshots (10.8+) Configure local backup snapshots when device is not connected to the network. Backup size limit Set a maximum size allowed to backup the system. Enter 0 (zero) to set unlimited. Paths to backup Choose specific filepaths to backup, in addition to the default startup volume. Paths to skip Choose specific filepaths to skip during backup from the startup volume.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.