Multi-user device/shared device staging allows an IT administrator to provision devices intended to be used by more than one user. Multi-User staging allows the device to change its assigned user dynamically as the different network users log into that device.
- Navigate to Edit for the user account for which you want to enable device staging. and select
- In the Add / Edit User page, select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Staging section.
- Select Enable Device Staging.
- Select the staging settings that apply to this staging user.
- Single User Devices stages devices for a single user. Toggle the type of single user device staging mode to either Standard or Advanced. Standard staging requires an end user to enter login information after staging, while Advanced means that the staging user can enroll the device on behalf of another user.
- Ensure that Multi User Devices is set to Enabled.
- Enroll the device using one of the two following methods.
- Enroll using the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub by entering a server URL and Group ID.
- Open the device's Internet browser, navigate to the enrollment URL, and enter the proper Group ID.
- Enter your staging user's credentials during enrollment. If necessary, specify that you are staging for Single User Devices. You only have to do this if multi-user device staging is also enabled for the staging user.
- Complete enrollment for either Advanced or Standard staging.
- If you are performing Advanced staging, you are prompted to enter the user name of the end-user device owner who is going to use the device. Proceed with enrollment by installing the Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile and accepting all prompts and messages.
- If you are performing Standard staging, then when the end user completes the enrollment, they are prompted to enter their own credentials in the login window.