What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- New Features
- Minimum Requirements
- Plugin Download and Documentation
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
- We've updated the plugin to latest Workspace ONE SDKs.
- Workspace ONE SDK for iOS (Swift) v20.10
- Workspace ONE SDK for Android v20.9.1
- We've added support for Xcode 12.
- We've added support for Unmanaged App Detection where you can enable Managed Access in the app assignment, and this setting configures the SDK to block unmanaged apps.
Important: If the Managed Access setting is enabled in the SDK app assignment page in the Workspace ONE UEM console, the SDK app blocks access if the app is installed as an unmanaged app when you update to the latest SDK version.
- Added support for the up coming iOS release and Android 11.
- Added the Workspace ONE SDK 20.6.3 for iOS (Swift) and the Workspace ONE SDK 20.7.1 for Android.
- Provided an API to set the APNS token.
- Added support for dynamic compromised rules updates to allow for over-the-air updates to the compromised detection algorithm in the Workspace ONE SDK.
- Updated the plugin to use the Workspace ONE SDK for iOS (Swift).
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements.
- Workspace ONE UEM console 1904 or later
- Android v8.0 or later
- iOS v12 or later
Find the plugin and the readme hosted on NPM.
The resolved issues are grouped as follows.Resolved Issues for 2.2
ADES-921: Fixed an issue where the Workspace ONE SDK would not initialize intermittently and would display a white screen on launch for internal apps.
ISDK-174357: Fixed an issue where iOS devices were getting detected as compromised when they were not due to a UDID mismatch.
We are always working to improve Workspace ONE SDK Plugin for Apache Cordova with every release. There are no major bug fixes to report.
ADES-412: Resolved an issue where integrated authentication was failing because the authentication prompt was not being displayed after the Active Directory credentials had been updated on the back end.
We haven’t identified any notable known issues. If you’re facing any problems, feel free to reach out to our support team.