VMware Workspace ONE Assist for VMware Horizon 21.06 - Windows 10 Agent Release Notes provides information on the features of the Workspace ONE Assist for VMware Horizon Windows 10 agent.
Workspace ONE Assist for VMware Horizon 21.06 Windows 10 Agent
Assist for Horizon is a real-time remote employee support solution that enables IT and help desk staff to support employees with virtual desktop issues remotely. With Workspace ONE Assist for Horizon, support representatives can easily launch support sessions and remotely view and control virtual desktops directly from the Horizon Universal console.
Like Workspace ONE Assist, Assist for Horizon is also a remote employee support solution; however, instead of supporting Workspace ONE-managed devices from the Workspace ONE UEM console, it supports Horizon-managed virtual desktops and is launched directly from the Horizon Universal console.
In its initial release, Workspace ONE Assist for Horizon will support Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure deployments and all cloud-connected Horizon deployments (leveraging the Horizon Control Plane), including on-premises, Microsoft Azure, VMware Cloud on AWS, Google Cloud VMware Engine, Azure VMware Solution, Oracle Cloud, IBM Cloud, and other partner clouds.
- Remotely view and control the remote device screen in real-time.
- Notify employees when their screen is visible and enable them to pause/disconnect the session for enhanced privacy.
- Access and manage files and folders.
- Access the remote shell and run commands.
- Capture screenshots and Record sessions for escalations and training.
- Highlight items and guide employees through tasks with screen draw.
- View a virtual version of the desktop's keyboard to support various keyboard layouts and languages.
- Access shortcuts that provide one-click access to commonly used apps and device settings.
- Collaborate with Subject matter experts and Application developers to resolve issues quickly using the collaboration tool.
- Access the in-app chat to communicate with end users and other collaborators more efficiently.
- On the Horizon Cloud Console:
- Supported on Horizon Cloud on Azure (HCoA) and cloud-connected Horizon pods VMC, AVS, GCVE, and on-prem.
- For Horizon Cloud on Azure (HCoA):
- The minimum version of Azure POD should be 2747.
- Horizon agent version should be 2103 and later.
- For Cloud-connected Horizon Pods:
- The connection server and the Horizon agent must be 2103.
- On the Virtual Device (Windows 10):
- Supported on Windows 10 single session – Dedicated and Floating Pool.
- Supported on Windows 10 – Anniversary Edition or later and .Net Framework 4.6.2 or later.
- Assist for Horizon agent 21.06 or later must be installed on the VDI separately.
- Outbound port 443 must be open on the VDIs.
- The Workspace ONE Assist button appears dimmed and unavailable on the Horizon Cloud console if the minimum requirements are not met and also if:
- Workspace ONE Assist for Horizon agent is not installed on the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Horizon agent installed is 2102 or earlier.
- VM is a Windows 10 multi-session and Windows server multi-session.
- On a Floating Pool, rebooting or signing out of a VDI during the session disconnect the remote session. The Helpdesk admin can restart the session from within the Horizon console.
- For Horizon Stand-alone customers: Horizon Subscription Customers can download the Assist for Horizon Windows 10 Agent from the VMware Customer Connect portal by using the following link. Ensure that the application is installed on your Windows 10 Virtual devices. Detailed documentation can be found here.
- For Workspace ONE customers using Horizon as an add-on: Download the Assist for Horizon - Windows 10 Agent from the Resource Portal in My Workspace ONE by using the following link. Ensure that the application is installed on your Windows 10 Virtual devices. Detailed documentation can be found here.
Support Contact Information
To receive support, either submit a ticket with Customer Connect or My Workspace ONE portal or call your local support line. Please refer to the article for detailed instructions on how to file a support request in Customer Connect.