Configure filters in workflows to recognize the desired state change and configure actions to remediate the filtered state changes. Filters identify IF something happens (state change). When the system identifies the IF, actions THEN execute to fix or report the change.
Use a template or create your own workflow with this task.
If you run bulk APIs for Workspace ONE UEM actions, adjust applicable bulk management settings in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
For example, if you want to use the Add a Tag action on 35,000 devices, change the default value for Assign/Unassign Tag from 500 to perhaps 50,000. This overage covers running 35,000 APIs simultaneously when you save a workflow.
Find the Bulk Management settings in the Workspace ONE UEM console at .
- In the Workspace ONE Intelligence console, navigate to Automation > Add Automation.
- Select a category and Create Your Own workflow for the category by selecting Get Started.
- In the Add Automation procedure, configure the settings.
- Name - Enter a name for the automation.
- Trigger (When) - This item is pre-filled based on the category.
- Filter (If) - Create an If statement to refine the trigger the engine monitors for a state change.
- Action (Then) - Create a Then statement that the automation engine does when it identifies the If or trigger. Choices for Action (Then) include the listed services. You can select one or all of them and create as many actions as needed.
Setting Description Workspace ONE UEM
Select an action for Workspace ONE UEM to perform.
SlackConfigure the menu items for the Slack message.
- To - Decide whether the message is sent to a channel or a user. Enter a channel name and send to public or private channels. Enter the Slack user name for private messages. If you enter nothing, messages are sent to the default channel.
- From - Enter the name that this automated Slack message is posted from. If you enter nothing, messages are posted from Slack's default sender.
- Message - Enter the message. This text box supports dynamic values.
- Avatar Icon - Enter the Slack emoji code to add a Slack icon to this automated message or a url to add an image from the Internet. If you enter nothing, the system uses the default Slack icon.
Configure the menu items for Create Incident or Create Ticket.
For either action, enter a Caller ID entry of a first and last name that exists in your ServiceNow instance. If you add a non-existent name, the text box remains blank.
- If you use a third-party service for actions, authorize them to act.
- Select Authorize to permit the service to perform actions.
- Select Connection Permissions and review them.
- Select Provide Credentials.
Connection Setting Slack Slack Incoming Webhook URL - Enter the Webhook you configured in Slack. ServiceNow Base URL - Enter https://instance.service-now.com.
API User Name - Enter the user name you configured in ServiceNow.
API User Password - Enter the password for the user name.
- Save the workflow.