Device enrollment for Android Legacy devices redirects to the AirWatch Agent for enrollment. AirWatch Agent automatically hands control back to Workspace ONE when the enrollment is complete.
Direct users to go to the application store to download Workspace ONE.
- Users open the app, enter either their server URL or email address and enter their user name and password to sign in.
At this point, the Workspace ONE application can detect that the device is not enabled for Android Enterprise and if the device requires direct enrollment before resources on Workspace ONE can be accessed.
- The Additional setup is required by your company screen displays and when users click Proceed, they are redirected to the AirWatch Agent application in the Google Play Store.
- Users download the AirWatch Agent application.
If the AirWatch Agent application is already installed on the device, Workspace ONE automatically launches the application. They are not redirected to the app store.
The authentication details that were entered for Workspace ONE are passed to the AirWatch Agent application so users do not reenter this information.
The AirWatch Agent application is launched. During the device enrollment with the AirWatch agent, users select the ownership type and enter the device asset number, if configured.
- When Allow Agent to make and mange phone calls displays, users click Allow.
AirWatch Agent validates the enrollment, authenticates the user, and grants permissions to AirWatch on this device.
- When the Activate device admin app? screen displays, users click Activate this device admin app.
- Users are asked to grant permission to access various device capabilities.
The device is now enrolled in Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE is launched. The Recommended applications screen is displayed.
- Users can select the applications they want to install or they can skip this step for now.
The device is now managed by Workspace ONE UEM MDM. If recommended applications were selected to be installed, users begin to receive notifications for those applications.