The Workspace ONE user portal is made up of a Catalog tap and a Bookmarks tab. When users sign in to their Workspace ONE portal the first time, the Catalog tab is displayed if the Bookmarks tab is empty.
After the first launch, users are taken directly to the last tab visited. If users prefer to launch from the Catalog tab, they can use the Catalog view.
You can hide either the Catalog or the Bookmarks tab in the Workspace ONE portal to provide a user experience specific to your requirements. You can change the portal configuration from the VMware Identity Manager console Catalog > Settings > User Portal Configuration page.
From the catalog, users can install the web, mobile, and virtual applications that they are entitled to. Web and virtual applications can be opened directly from the catalog or bookmarks page on the Workspace ONE app.
Native applications such as iOS and Android cannot be bookmarked or launched from the Workspace ONE pages. These apps are launched from the iOS or Android springboard.
In the catalog page, you can organize applications into logical categories to make it easier for users to locate the resources they need. One category called Recommended is listed by default. When you categorize applications as Recommended, you can enable Show recommended apps in Bookmarks Tab to prepopulate the Bookmarks page with these apps.
With this configuration, users are offered immediate access to recommended applications when they first sign in to the Workspace ONE portal.
Users can launch web applications as follows.
- From the Bookmarks tab. Users click the application icon to launch the application.
- From the Catalog tab. Users click the box with the arrow icon to open the application.
- From Spotlight Search or Search within Workspace ONE. From the Spotlight Search on iOS devices, users select the application icon from the list. From the Workspace ONE search, users click the box with the arrow icon to open the application.
Users can access the Workspace ONE settings from the drop-down arrow next to their name.
- Account. The profile information for the user, including their name, user name, and email address.
- Devices. The list of devices that have signed into the Workspace ONE application and the last login date and time.
- Application Tips. Tips about navigating Workspace ONE from the user's device.
- About. Workspace ONE copyright, patent, and license information.
- Preferences. The default launch setting when Horizon remote applications are accessed, either view the application from the Horizon Client or from a browser.
Users tap the Workspace ONE app icon on their devices to sign in to their apps portal. If they have book marked applications, the Bookmarks page displays. The Workspace ONE application on devices includes links to Support and to Settings.
- The Support page includes a link to Devices and to Send Report. The Devices page shows when they last logged in to the device. Send Report offers the user a way to send diagnostics information or other feedback to you. Users can turn this feature off or on in their device settings.