REST Admin API access and enrolled users access must be enabled in the AirWatch admin console to integrate VMware Identity Manager with AirWatch. When you enable API access, an API key is generated.
- In the AirWatch admin console, select the Global > Customer-level organization group and navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > API > Rest API.
- In the General tab, click Add to generate the API key to use in the VMware Identity Manager service. The account type should be Admin.
Provide a unique service name. Add a description, such as AirWatchAPI for IDM.
- To generate the enrollment user API key, click Add again.
- In the Account Type drop-down menu, select Enrollment User.
Provide a unique service name. Add a description such as UserAPI for IDM.
- Copy the two API keys and save the keys to a file.
You add these keys when you set up AirWatch in the VMware Identity Manager admin console.
- Click Save.