Users can either download the VMware Workspace ONE application from their device app store or administrators can configure AirWatch to push the Workspace ONE application as a managed application to devices.
About this task
You deploy the Workspace ONE application from the AirWatch admin console to specific groups and users within your organization. After users sign into the Workspace ONE application on their devices, they can access Web and SaaS apps that are entitled to them.
The following steps are to push the Workspace ONE mobile application as a managed application from the AirWatch admin console. You can also run the Workspace ONE Getting Started wizard to push the application.
For detailed information on configuring managed applications in AirWatch, see the VMware AirWatch Mobile Application Management (MAM) Guide, available from the Resources Portal at https://resources.air-watch.com.
If you are planning to push the Workspace ONE mobile application from the AirWatch admin console, prepare Smart Groups of end users who are entitled to the application.
- In the AirWatch admin console, navigate to > , and select Add Application.
- Select the platform, either iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Select Search App Store, and in the Name text box enter Workspace ONE as the key word to find VMware Workspace ONE in the App Store.
- Choose Next, and use Select to upload the Workspace ONE application from the App Store Result page.
- Configure the assignment and deployment options for Workspace ONE users in the following tab settings.
Enter and view information concerning supported device models, ratings, and categories.
Assign the Workspace ONE mobile application to smart groups of end users who can use the application on their device.
Configure availability and advanced enterprise mobility management (EMM) features, if applicable.
To automatically configure managed applications, enable Send Application Configuration and enter the App Configuration for Enterprise (ACE) key value pairs. See AirWatch Application Configuration for Enterprise Key Value Pairs.
- Select Save & Publish to make the application available to users.
Complete these steps for each supported platform.