The VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service collects data from your Workspace ONE UEM database and pushes it to the cloud service.
Download the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector and use it for better performance on data import between your Workspace ONE UEM database and the cloud service.
If you have not already enabled this workflow and you use Workspace ONE UEM console 1907 or later, notice that the installer downloads a file on your desktop, cdc_enable_script.sql, and then stops. Open the cdc_enable_script.sql file and run the script manually on your Workspace ONE UEM database with db_owner permissions to enable the improved performance workflow. After the script runs successfully, rerun the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector installer.
This workflow uses Change Data Capture (CDC), which is supported on SQL Server. CDC enhances the performance of data extraction by the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector. For details about Microsoft SQL Server and the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector, access the Software Requirements table in the Workspace ONE Intelligence Requirements topic.
As the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector starts importing new data entities into Workspace ONE Intelligence, the CDC workflow becomes a pre-requisite. The workflow is applicable to newly added data entities like device tags, device custom attributes, users, and product provisioning.
If you already have the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service configured, reinstall the latest installer to unlock the CDC features. You must install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector on its own server. For additional information about the installation process of other Workspace ONE UEM application servers, refer to the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Installation Guide.
- If you upgrade the Workspace ONE UEM database as part of the upgrade process, you must stop the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service during the Workspace ONE UEM database upgrade. You must then restart the service after finishing the upgrade process.
- If you must change the setting for Deployment Region, do not run the installer again.
- Ensure you have configured trust for the applicable URLs so the connector installation process can communicate with the correct cloud-based reports service.
- If you use a proxy server and want to use it with the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector, make sure you have configured trust for specific destinations. If you do not trust the listed destinations, the installation can fail.
- Meet the hardware, software, and network requirements needed to install, configure, and use VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- Download the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector installer on to the server you configured for the service.
- Run the installer.
- Ensure that the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service is selected as a feature to install. The installer detects the version of Java installed on the application server. If the installer does not detect the required version, the required version installs.
- Select the Destination Folder in which to install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service.
- Enter the database server settings.
- Database server that you are installing to: Select Browse next to the Database server text box and select your Workspace ONE UEM database from the list.
- If you are using a custom port, do not select Browse. Instead, use the following syntax:
DBHostName,<customPortNumber>, then select Browse to select the database server.
- For example, enter
- If your Workspace ONE UEM database name has a space, you must perform extra steps.
- Open the WDPETLService.exe.parameters in the service folder of the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector installation in administrator mode.
- Update the parameter to ensure the databaseName value is enclosed in quotes. Here is an example,
JVM_ARG=-DJDBC_URL=jdbc:sqlserver://SQLSERVERNAME;databaseName="Workspace ONE UEM Database Name".
- Connect using: Select one of the following authentication methods.
- Windows Authentication uses a service account on the Windows server to authenticate. You are prompted to enter the service account that you want to use. This service account is used to run all the application pools and Workspace ONE UEM-related services. The service account must have Workspace ONE UEM database access.
- SQL Server Authentication uses the SQL server authentication method. You are prompted to enter the user name and password.
- Name of database catalog: Enter the name of the Workspace ONE UEM database or browse the SQL server and select it from a list.
- (Optional) Enter proxy information. Find this information in the Workspace ONE UEM console in Groups & Settings > All Settings > Installation > Proxy > Console Proxy Settings.
- Configure the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service settings.
- Select the deployment region for your cloud service. Ensure that the right region is selected. Do not run the installer again if you must change this region in the future. If you upgrade your Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service from a previous version, this screen does not display because you cannot change your region during an upgrade.
- Enter your Workspace ONE UEM Installation Token. This token is created as part of the Workspace ONE UEM Installation process.
- Select Install to install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service. After the installation finishes, select Finish.