To use the automation features in your Workspace ONE Intelligence environment, install the reports service and connect to the Workspace ONE UEM API server.
Workspace ONE UEM Console
This feature works with the Workspace ONE UEM console v1811 or later.
Workspace ONE Intelligence uses the data in the reports data warehouse to display analytics from your Workspace ONE deployment. Reports are available in the Workspace ONE UEM console v1811 or later.
Install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service
Before using Workspace ONE Intelligence features, you must install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector service (also known as the ETL installer) onto a separate server in your Workspace ONE UEM environment.
Each feature uses the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Service installed from the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector Installer. The Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector service gathers the data from your Workspace ONE UEM console server and pushes it to the reports cloud service.
- Shared SaaS - No installation is required. This deployment has access to reports. No action is required.
- Dedicated SaaS - Contact your support representative or their SAM to set up Reports and Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- On-premises - You must install the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector for communication between the Reports infrastructure and Dashboards. For on-premises deployments that put the Workspace ONE UEM server behind a firewall, you can use automations and API functionality. However, these deployments must use the Unified Access Gateway and set it as a reverse proxy. For details, access Configure Reverse Proxy With VMware Workspace ONE UEM API.
- Existing admin roles that have permissions for reports, have access to Workspace ONE Intelligence roles.
- For new admin roles, include permissions for Workspace ONE Intelligence so that admins can access settings.
Requirements to Connect to the API Server and to Use APIs for Communication
- Create an AirWatch Administrator account for the specific purpose of working with the automation feature. To use APIs, grant the admin account permissions.
- Configure the admin account to use the Basic Authentication for API communications because Directory accounts do not work. Find the API authentication items on the API tab in the Add or Edit Admin area.
- Configure Automation Connections. For details, see Automation Connections, API Communications, and Third-Party Connections.