To use Automations, set up communication with APIs, register third-party services used for remediation, and configure workflows to carry out remediation actions.
If you do not follow all these steps, automations does not work.
For on-premises deployments that put the Workspace ONE UEM server behind a firewall, you can use automations and API functionality. However, these deployments must use the VMware Unified Access Gateway (UAG) and set it as a reverse proxy.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, create and use a Workspace ONE UEM Administrator account specific for automation with API permissions.
- Generate an API key in Workspace ONE UEM so that Workspace ONE Intelligence can use it to connect to any third-party service.
- In Workspace ONE UEM, select the organization group where you want to connect to third-party services.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, go to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > API > REST API.
- Configure the settings on the General tab.
- Enable API Access: Permits you to generate an API key for the service.
- Add: Select Add to generate an API Key. Record this value and enter it in the Intelligence environment as the Workspace ONE UEM Tenant Code.
- Service: Enter a descriptive name for the service, such as Automation.
- Account Type: Select Admin.
- Configure the settings on the Authentication tab.
- Basic: Select Basic authentication if you want to use credentials for an admin that is not in a directory.
- Certificates: Not applicable.
- Directory: Select Directory authentication if you want to use credentials for an admin that is part of a directory.
- Register Workspace ONE UEM with Intelligence by entering the API key and authentication credentials from Workspace ONE UEM to Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- In Workspace ONE Intelligence, go to Settings > Integrations > Automation Connections.
- Select Set Up for the Workspace ONE UEM API process.
- Select Provide Credentials and configure the settings.
- Base URL: Enter your Workspace ONE UEM REST API URL, and include the protocol
(https://) in the entry.
- API User Name: Enter the user name for the specific admin you created for automation.
- API User Password: Enter the password for the admin.
- Workspace ONE UEM Tenant Code: Enter the API key that the Workspace ONE UEM console generated when you enabled REST API communications.
- Register third-party services with Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- Configure workflows for remediation and reporting.