Informational notifications do not require the user to take an action within the notification. Examples of the type of informational notification are system downtime, company-meeting reminders, or benefits-enrollment deadlines.
This example creates an information notification to remind users that the company all-hands meeting is starting soon.
- Navigate to the Hub Services Notifications page and click Create Custom Notification.
- Enter the name of the notification as Company Quarterly Meeting Notification.
This name displays in the status list on the Notifications page.
- For the Target Audience Type, to send this notification out company wide, select All Employees and accept the default Standard priority.
- Click Next to go to the Content page.
- In the Template text-box drop-down menu, select Informational.
- In the Content section, complete the notification details.
Option Description Image Use the default image, Intelligent Hub or add your company logo. Title Enter the title as Company Quarterly Meeting. Subtitle To highlight the meeting start time, enter the subtitle Starting at 10:00 a.m. PST. Description Type the message.
The quarterly meeting will be starting in a few minutes, hope you can attend.
- Click Next to see a summary of the notification.
- Click Create to create and send the notification.