Existing Workspace ONE UEM customers who want to use Hub Services must enter their Workspace ONE Access cloud tenant URL and the admin name and password to activate Hub Services.
If you do not have a cloud tenant, you can request one from the Workspace ONE UEM console. Currently, this option is available only to cloud UEM customers. See Request a Cloud Tenant in Workspace ONE UEM to Use Hub Services.
Workspace ONE Access cloud tenant URL and the admin name and password to access the tenant. Your cloud tenant URL was sent in an email. You can file a support ticket if you do not know the URL that was assigned.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console Groups & Settings page, select Configurations > Intelligent Hub click Get Started.
- In the Activate Hub Services page, enter the Cloud Tenant URL as https://myco.vmware.com. Enter the admin user name and the password that can access this tenant.
- Click TEST CONNECTION to confirm that Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access are communicating securely.
If the connection fails, check that the source of authentication for Intelligent Hub is Workspace ONE Access.
- Navigate to the Configurations > Intelligent Hub page and click Intelligent Hub.
- Scroll to the section labeled Source of Authentication and click Configure.
- In the Devices & Users > General > Enrollment page, scroll to Source of Authentication for Intelligent Hub and make sure that Workspace ONE Access is selected.
- Click Save.
- Retest the connection.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Configure the Hub services. You can customize the Hub Services features and configure how you want the Intelligent Hub to look and feel in the Branding page. See Setting Up Hub Services for Your Organization.