Shift-based access control with Workspace ONE enables your company to deliver a digital workspace that is shift aware. Shift-based access control restricts the use of different product apps and features when a worker is not clocked in for their shift. When Shift-based Access Control is configured, you can configure Hub Services templates to restrict access to some of the tabs in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app or Hub portal when workers are not on shift, but let users continue to use other tabs.
You can enable Restrict access during off-hours in templates for the following tabs.
- Employee Self-Service
- Notifications For You tab
When you enable Restrict access during off-hours, the content in the tab is dimmed in the app or Hub portal view to show that it is not available.
- Workspace ONE Access configured as the source of authentication.
- Shift-base Access Control configured in Hub Services
- Log into the Hub Services console and click Templates.
- Click ADD TEMPLATE.
- Name the template Frontline Worker Access Control.
- To restrict access to Apps, Custom, Employee Self-Service, Notifications (For You), and People tabs in Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app and Hub portal, expand each tab that you want to restrict and enable the toggle Restrict access during off-hours.
- Click Save and Assign.
- Start typing in either the UEM Console smart group or Access user group text box to assign the template to the group that is restricted access during off-hours.
- Click Save.
- The template is added to the bottom of the list on the Templates page. Move the Frontline Worker Access Control template to first priority in the list.