Beginning with the Hub Services August 2020 Cloud and Workspace ONE UEM 2008 releases, management of the Workspace ONE UEM Hub catalog settings moves to the Hub Services console.
You can migrate your Workspace ONE UEM Hub catalog settings to the Hub catalog settings in the Hub Services console. Users' access to their Hub catalog through the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub is uninterrupted.
During migration, your customer OG UEM app catalog settings are migrated to Hub Services and become the global level settings for the Hub app catalog. Hub templates are created for any child OGs with different settings from your customer OG settings. The Hub templates are assigned to UEM smart groups based on the user assignment in the OG.
If you do not want to migrate your Workspace ONE UEM Hub catalog settings, you can select to discard the migration option in the Hub Services console. If you select to discard the migration option, you cannot migrate your Workspace ONE UEM catalog. You can create Hub templates in the Hub services console, configure the Hub catalog settings, and assign Workspace ONE UEM smart groups to the templates.
When you migrate the Workspace ONE UEM Hub catalog settings to Hub Services, Hub templates are created based on your organization's deployment of the Hub catalog.
- The default global settings that are configured in Hub Services, including Branding, are applied to each template. If you do not want to use the global settings, you can customize the template.
- A Hub template is created during migration when child OGs is different from your customer OG. When the child OGs have the same configuration, but different users, only one template is created. For example, the customer OG hierarchy includes two child OGs, C1 and C2. C1 and C2 are configured with the same settings. The customer OG is configured with different settings. During the migration, Hub Services creates one template for C1 and C2 because they have the same configuration and assigns smart groups to the template .
- Smart groups are created based on the Workspace ONE UEM OG's assignment groups. The smart group settings mimic the OG settings.
- The platform settings that are enabled to access the Workspace ONE UEM Hub catalog are migrated to the Hub Services Hub catalog settings. You manage the platform settings for iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows in the template Hub catalog settings.
- Templates are prioritized in the Template list based on the OG hierarchy. The lower a child OG is in the OG hierarchy, the higher the associated template is listed in the Template list.
To learn more about Hub templates, see Using Hub Templates to Set Up Different Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Experiences for Users.
Migrate Hub Catalog to Hub Services
When Workspace ONE UEM is using Hub Services, you can migrate your app catalog settings to Hub Services.
- To start the migration, log into the Hub Services console.
- If your organization can migrate, you see the Hub Template Migration Experience screen.
- In the Migrate all App Catalog settings section, click MIGRATE.
- When the migration is complete, in the Next Steps section, click FINISH.
Go to the Templates page to see the prioritized list of templates that were created from the migration. You can re-prioritize templates, edit templates, assign different smart groups, and delete templates.
Your user access is uninterrupted. If you made changes to the branding or app catalog features in Hub Services, users see the changes when they sign in to Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
The catalog settings are removed from the Workspace ONE UEM console Groups & Settings > All Settings > Apps > Workspace ONE > AirWatch Catalog > General > Authentication tab or are displayed as read-only. The read-only settings in the Platform section that are listed on the page apply to older versions of Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.