Users can either download the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app from their device app store or administrators can configure Workspace ONE UEM to push the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application as a managed application to devices.
You deploy the Intelligent Hub app from the Workspace ONE UEM console to specific groups and users within your organization. After users sign into the Workspace ONE application on their devices, they can access Web and SaaS apps that are entitled to them.
The following steps are to push the Intelligent Hub app as a managed application from the Workspace ONE UEM console.
If you are planning to push the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app from the Workspace ONE UEM console, prepare Smart Groups of end users who are entitled to the app.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, navigate to > , and select Add Application.
- Select the platform, either iOS or Android.
- Select Search App Store, and in the Name text box enter Workspace ONE as the key word to find VMware Workspace ONE in the App Store.
- Choose Next, and use Select to upload the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application from the App Store Result page.
- Configure the assignment and deployment options for Intelligent Hub users in the following tab settings.
Tab Description Info Enter and view information concerning supported device models, ratings, and categories. Assignment Assign the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub apps to smart groups of end users who can use the application on their device. Deployment
Configure availability and advanced enterprise mobility management (EMM) features, if applicable.
To automatically configure managed applications, enable Send Application Configuration and enter the App Configuration for Enterprise (ACE) key value pairs. See Workspace ONE UEM Application Configuration for Enterprise Key Value Pairs.
- Select Save & Publish to make the application available to users.
Complete these steps for each supported platform.