Passport service is a component of Hub Services that can be integrated with Physical Access Control Systems (PACS) to allow the Workspace ONE Intelligent app on mobile devices to act as a digital badge. This allows the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app to work just like a physical employee badge and provide a hands-free access to unlock doors.
The Passport service can also be used along with Health Attestation surveys in the Intelligent Hub app to manage users’ temporary access to specific buildings based on survey answers. Note that the Health Attestation survey can control access for physical badges only, so deploying Passport’s digital badge feature is not a mandatory step for this use case.
To use the Passport service, your organization must deploy the following access control infrastructure.
- Physical Access Control System (PACS) by Software House C•CURE 9000 version 2.7 to connect and work with the Passport service.
- Because PACS is deployed on-premises, a best practice is to configure a reverse proxy so that the C•CURE system is not exposed externally.
- Use Nginx or some other service to create an IP-based or domain-based allowlist for Hub Services access to C•CURE.
- For a digital ID in Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app
- SaaS tenant in the HID Origo Management Portal used as a mobile badge management service with enough purchased mobile user licenses to cover the number of users that use this service.
- Door Badge Reader that is a HID Bluetooth capable reader, either the HID Signo iCLASS See reader or the multiCLASS SE reader.