With VMware Workspace ONE ITSM Connector, IT and Helpdesk staff can perform common troubleshooting activities directly within the ServiceNow portal without the need to navigate into the Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) console. Using the ITSM Connector administrators can perform Workspace ONE UEM actions and launch Workspace ONE Assist remote support sessions for enrolled devices directly from the ServiceNow Incident Management portal. With the Workspace ONE ITSM Connector, service desks can reduce operational complexity while improving IT productivity and efficiency.
- A new Workspace ONE UEM tab is introduced within the ServiceNow Incident page providing access access to Workspace ONE UEM device commands and remote control through Workspace ONE Assist.
- Execute commands such as change passcode, device wipe, enterprise wipe, lock device, request logs, send message, soft reset, and sync device on the device or configuration item (CI) associated with the Incident.
- Note: Some commands might be platform specific and are available for those device platforms only.
- Troubleshoot devices by launching remote control sessions with Workspace ONE Assist and access tools such as screen share, file manager, and remote shell.
- Audit all actions performed on the device from the Notes tab in ServiceNow Incidents.
- Review all actions performed on the device from from the Notes section within the Device detailed view in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Configure Role based access to Device commands and remote control.
- Quick access to the Workspace ONE UEM console to perform advanced troubleshooting via the new Workspace ONE UEM Console button added to the Incidents page.
- Workspace ONE UEM – 2107 or later
- ServiceNow releases supported – Quebec or later
- Available on all device platforms supported by Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Assist
- Performing Workspace ONE UEM device actions requires a UEM license and UEM enrollment of the device
- Starting a Workspace ONE Assist session on the device requires an Assist license and registration to the Assist server
- Third-party recommended, but not mandatory – Service Graph Connector for VMware Workspace ONE UEM
- Download and install the VMware Workspace ONE ITSM Connector for ServiceNow from the ServiceNow Store.
- Install the VMware Workspace ONE ITSM Connector.
- Complete the Guided Setup to configure the connector.
Note: While not mandatory, it is highly recommended that the Service Graph connector for VMware Workspace ONE UEM is installed prior to installing the ITSM connector. The Service Graph connector ensures that all Workspace ONE UEM devices and their details are available in ServiceNow. For additional information on the Service Graph connector, see Integration with ServiceNow CMDB.
We are always working to improve VMware Workspace UEM ITSM Connector for Service Now with every release. There are no major bug fixes to report.
We are always working to improve VMware Workspace UEM ITSM Connector for Service Now with every release. There are no known issues to report.