What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- New Features
- System Health Status
- VMware Global Infrastructure
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
We've added support for Workspace ONE UEM profiles.
Workspace ONE Intelligence now supports reporting, creating dashboards, and triggering automations based on Workspace ONE UEM profiles data for mobile and desktop. You can track the deployment and installation of various device and user profiles for components such as email, Wi-Fi, VPN, certificates, and restrictions.
- Check out the new Report and Dashboard Sharing.
When you create a dashboard or report, only the user that created it can see the report. Now, you can share a dashboard or a report with other users as read-only. This feature allows an admin to create a list of standard dashboards or reports that all users can use instead of making users create their own in different ways. Using standard dashboards reduces the chance for data inconsistency and confusion across similar users.
- You can now add users to access the Workspace ONE Intelligence console without having to request access first or having to connect to Microsoft Azure AD. Manually add users by searching the Workspace ONE UEM admin list and assign roles.
- Introducing Searchable Actions.
When defining parameters for an Action in Automation Workflows, you can choose from a list of supported values based on what is configured for your integration. For example, you can select a supported Application Name in Workspace ONE UEM, instead of using its identifier.
- We've added Workspace ONE UEM Actions to Automation Workflows.
- Delete Device - Deletes a device record from Workspace ONE UEM.
- Enterprise Wipe Device - Removes management and corporate settings from an enrolled device.
- Reprocess Product - Initiates a reprocessing of a Product Provisioning product job by the policy engine. It supports a reprocess action and a force reprocess action.
- API Health - The API health metric identifies the ability of users in a specific environment to log in and access the Intelligence UI.
- Data Ingest Health - The data ingest health metric indicates the ability of the service in a specific environment to accept new, incoming data.
Use the VMware Global Infrastructure interactive map to see where Workspace ONE Intelligence and other Workspace ONE services are hosted.
- Admin Documentation
For the latest version of the admin guide, access Workspace ONE Intelligence Dashboards, Automation, and Reports.
- API Documentation
Use the Workspace ONE Intelligence API documentation to find details on how to query and extract data for use in other business intelligence tools. See API Documentation for VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- Developer Documentation
You can find developer information for the Workspace ONE Intelligence SDK on the Workspace ONE Intelligence Dev Center. For SDK guides and the SDK release notes, access Get Started with Workspace ONE Intelligence.
The resolved issues are grouped as follows.Resolved Issues for 20.12.16
INTEL-25808: Fixed an issue with the loading of a specific template when the admin did not have permissions to use it causing a Failed to load available parameters error message.
INTEL-25959: Fixed an issue where service accounts were unable to download or run existing reports that they had previously been able to run. An admin must go to the report and Share with the Service Account(s) granting them permission to run or download the report.
We are always working to improve Workspace ONE Intelligence with every release. There are no major bug fixes to report.
INTEL-24588: Fixed an issue that occurred on the Sync Status page and would display an Unable to load data message.
INTEL-24779: Fixed an issue that prevented editing an Automation from a Manual to Schedule Trigger.
INTEL-24828: Fixed an issue in Automation Workflows that caused the DOES NOT INCLUDE operator to evaluate Null and Empty values.
We haven't identified any notable known issues. If you have any problems, reach out to our support team.