When the shift-based access control feature is implemented in the Workspace ONE platform, you selectively restrict shift worker access to their digital workspace from their iOS and Android devices and from the Hub portal.
Based on how you configured Workspace ONE Experience Workflows, Hub Services, Workspace ONE Access, and Workspace ONE UEM, when users try to access Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub or restricted apps when they are off shift, the following are examples of how the device screens are controlled.
To use the shift-based access on devices, install the latest version of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app installed on iOS and Android devices.
- For iOS devices, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app 22.08 or later.
- For Android devices, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app 22.11 or later.
After workers clock in to the time keeping system, they can click Refresh in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app or Hub portal to immediately access features that are restricted when they are off shift. There is a 10 to 20 second delay before the restricted features can be accessed.
When workers clock out, features can be accessed for up to 5 minutes after they clock out. Workers who open apps restricted through the Workspace ONE Access policy rule can access the apps until the re-authenticate after time expires the session or until they quit the app.
- Access to some of the tabs in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app or Hub portal can be restricted when workers are off shift.
- Users are restricted from accessing apps in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub App tab and their Favorites tab when they are off shift The screens displays a banner at the top indicating that some components might not be available during off hours, and the restricted apps as grayed out or a locked key icon is displayed next to the apps icon.
- When Block Access to App When User is Off Shift is configured in the Workspace ONE UEM console , access to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app is denied to workers who are off shift.