After creating the Remote App Access client, generate an OAuth bearer token.
Download and install the Postman app. You can download Postman from https://getpostman.com.
- Open a new tab in the Postman app.
- For the HTTP method, select POST.
- For the URL, enter:
https://tenanturl/SAAS/jersey/manager/api/connectormanagement/directoryconfigsReplace tenanturl with your Workspace ONE Access URL, for example:
- Click the Authorization tab and select OAuth 2.0 as the type.
- Click Get New Access Token.
- For Token Name, enter a name, such as Workspace ONE.
- For Grant Type, select Client Credentials.
- For Access Token URL, enter https://tenantURL/SAAS/auth/oauthtoken, where tenantURL is your Workspace ONE Access tenant URL.
For example: https://example.vmwareidentity.com/SAAS/auth/oauthtokenNote: Workspace ONE Access was formerly called VMware Identity Manager. Old tenants have the domain name vmwareidentity.com while new tenants have the domain name workspaceoneaccess.com.
- For Client ID, enter the Client ID that you set in Create Remote App Access Client.
- For Client Secret, enter the secret that you set in Create Remote App Access Client.
- For Scope, enter admin.
- Click Request Token.
A token is generated and displayed.
- To verify that the bearer token was added, click the Headers tab and click hidden headers.
The bearer token appears.
- If the bearer token was not added, return to the Authorization tab and select your token from the available tokens drop-down list and check again.