The copy and paste feature has certain requirements and restrictions.
- You must install VMware Tools in a virtual machine to use the copy and paste feature.
- The copy and paste feature works with Linux and Windows hosts and Linux, Windows, and Solaris 10 guests only.
- The copy and paste feature requires Linux hosts and guests to run X Windows and Solaris 10 guests to run an Xorg X server and JDS/Gnome.
- Copying and pasting email attachments is restricted to images or files smaller than 4 MB.
- Copying and pasting plain text and formatted text (including the formatting) is restricted to amounts less than 4MB.
- Copying and pasting text is restricted to text in languages that can be represented by Unicode characters.
- Workstation Player uses the PNG format to encode images that are copied and pasted. Copying and pasting images is restricted to images smaller than 4 MB after conversion to PNG format.
- You cannot copy and paste files between virtual machines.