You interact with Workstation Player and virtual machines through the Workstation Player window. The best way to learn how to use Workstation Player is to use it. The Workstation Player window is designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
- Use the icons on the Home tab to create a new virtual machine, open an existing virtual machine, download a virtual appliance, or view the Workstation Player help system.
- Select a powered-off virtual machine in the library see the summary view.
The summary view shows a summary of configuration information and the virtual machine state. You can start the virtual machine and edit virtual machine settings from the summary view.
- Select a powered-off virtual machine in the library and click Play virtual machine to start the virtual machine and see the console view.
The console view is like the monitor display of a physical computer.
- Select a virtual machine in the library and use the Virtual Machine menu on the menu bar to perform all virtual machine operations for the selected virtual machine.
- When a virtual machine is powered on, use the icons on the status bar to perform actions on virtual devices such as hard disks, CD/DVD drives, floppy drives, and network adapters.
You can click or right-click on a removable device icon to connect or disconnect the device or edit its settings.
- Use the About VMware Player window to access information about your installation of Workstation Player, including license key information.
If you have an individual license for Workstation Player, the key is displayed in the License Information section in the Type field. It is labeled Individual and is followed by your license key.
If you have a version of Workstation Player licensed for multiple users, the Type field displays Volume and your license key is not displayed.
If you did not enter a license for Workstation Player, the Type field displays Not applicable and a license key is not displayed.
If you have an evaluation license key for Workstation Player, the Type field displays Not applicable. The date the evaluation license key expires is also displayed.Note:
The evaluation key does not activate Horizon FLEX features.