You can configure a virtual floppy drive to connect to a physical floppy drive or an existing or blank floppy image file. You can add up to two floppy drives to a virtual machine.
Power off the virtual machine.
- Select the virtual machine and select .
- On the Hardware tab, click Add.
- In the Add Hardware wizard, select Floppy Drive.
- Click Finish to add the drive to the virtual machine.
- Select the floppy media type.
Option Description Use a physical floppy drive The virtual machine uses a physical floppy drive. Use a floppy image The drive connects to an floppy image (.flp) file. Create a blank floppy image The drive connects to a blank floppy image (.flp) file that you create.
- If you selected the physical floppy drive media type, select a specific floppy drive or select Auto detect to allow Workstation Player to auto-detect the drive to use.
- If you selected the floppy image or blank floppy image media type, type the name or browse to the location of a floppy image (.flp) file.
- To connect the drive or floppy image file to the virtual machine when the virtual machine powers on, select Connect at power on.
- Click OK to save your changes.