If the host system has multiple monitors, you can configure a virtual machine to use multiple monitors. You can use the multiple-monitor feature when the virtual machine is in full screen mode.
- Configure multiple monitors for one virtual machine. See Configure Display Settings for a Virtual Machine.
- Verify that the latest version of VMware Tools is installed in the guest operating system.
- Verify that the guest operating system is Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Linux.
- On the host system, verify that the left-most monitor is not placed lower than any other monitor in the display topology. When you enter full screen mode, the monitor that contains the window cannot be lower than another monitor.
- Power on the virtual machine and click the maximize button.
- On the full screen toolbar, click the Cycle multiple monitors button.
On a Windows host, you can mouse over a button on the toolbar to see its name.
If your virtual machine supports more than two monitors, use the Cycle multiple monitors button to select a configuration with more than two monitors. The monitor in which the virtual machine entered full screen mode is marked with an asterisk.The guest operating system desktop extends to the additional monitor or monitors.
- If the host system has more than two monitors and you want the virtual machine to use all of the monitors, click the Cycle multiple monitors button again.
The order in which the monitors are used depends on the order in which the monitors were added to the host operating system. If you continue to click the button, you return to fewer monitors.