You must install Workstation Player on a host system that meets certain processor requirements.
The following host systems are supported:
- A compatible 64-bit x86/AMD64 CPU launched in 2011 or later.
- For specific Host Operating Systems (HOS), refer to the vendor's recommended processor requirements:
- For Microsoft-specific HOS, refer to the Microsoft documentation
- For Linux-specific HOS, refer to the Linux Vendor-specific documentation
Processor Requirements for 64-Bit Guest Operating Systems
- An AMD CPU with AMD-V support
- An Intel CPU with VT-x support
If you have an Intel CPU that has VT-x support, you must verify that VT-x support is enabled in the host system BIOS. The BIOS settings that must be enabled for VT-x support vary depending on the system vendor. See the VMware knowledge base article at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003944 for information about how to determine if VT-x support is enabled.
When you install a 64-bit operating system, Workstation Player performs checks to make sure the host system has a supported processor. You cannot install a 64-bit operating system if the host system does not meet the processor requirements.