You can adjust the amount of memory that is allocated to a virtual machine.
Before you begin
Power off the virtual machine.
About this task
On 64-bit hosts, the maximum amount of memory for each virtual machine is 32GB. On 32-bit hosts, the maximum amount of memory for each virtual machine is 8GB. The total amount of memory that you can assign to all virtual machines running on a single host system is limited only by the amount of RAM on the host system.
- Select the virtual machine and select .
- On the Hardware tab, select Memory.
The Memory panel includes information to help you select the appropriate amount of memory for the virtual machine. The high end of the range is determined by the amount of memory that is allocated to all running virtual machines.
- Align the slider with the corresponding icon to change the amount of memory.
The color-coded icons indicate the maximum recommended memory, the recommended memory, and the guest operating system minimum memory amounts.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Power on the virtual machine to implement the changes.