VMware Workstation 14.1.7 Player | 28 Mar 2019 | Build 12989993
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation Player is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs another operating system on the same computer without rebooting. VMware Workstation Player provides a simple user interface, unmatched operating system support, and portability across the VMware ecosystem.
For more information, see the broader VMware Workstation Player documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Player is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 14 Player users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities:
- VMware Workstation Player contains an out-of-bounds read/write vulnerability and a Time-of-check Time-of-use (TOCTOU) vulnerability in the virtual USB UHCI (Universal Host Controller Interface). These issues may allow a guest to execute code on the host. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifiers CVE-2019-5518 (out-of-bounds read/write) and CVE-2019-5519 (TOCTOU) to these issues. See VMSA-2019-0005 for further information.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.6
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.5
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.4
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.3
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.2
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Player