VMware Workstation 14.1.4 Player | 9 Nov 2018 | Build 10722678
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation Player is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs another operating system on the same computer without rebooting. VMware Workstation Player provides a simple user interface, unmatched operating system support, and portability across the VMware ecosystem.
For more information, see the broader VMware Workstation Player documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Player is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 14 Player users. It contains bug fixes and security updates.
This release of VMware Workstation Player addresses the following issues:
- VMware Workstation Player has an uninitialized stack memory usage vulnerability in the vmxnet3 virtual network adapter that might allow a guest to execute code on the host. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2018-6981 to this issue.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.3
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.2
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Player Version 14.1
- VMware Workstation 14 Player