VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player | 14 Mar 2019 | Build 12422535
What's in the Release Notes
VMware Workstation Player™ is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs another operating system on the same computer without rebooting. VMware Workstation Player provides a simple user interface, unmatched operating system support, and portability across the VMware ecosystem.
For more information, see the broader VMware Workstation Player documentation.
This release of VMware Workstation Player is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Player users. This release contains bug fixes and security updates.
- VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities:
- Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may allow the path to the VMX executable, on a Windows host, to be hijacked by a non-administrator leading to elevation of privilege. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5511 to this issue. See VMSA-2019-0002 for further information.
- COM classes are not handled appropriately. This may allow hijacking of COM classes used by the VMX process, on a Windows host, leading to elevation of privilege. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5512 to this issue. See VMSA-2019-0002 for further information.
- Updated OpenSSL library version to 1.0.2q.
- Updated libxml2 library version to 2.9.9.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 15 Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link: