Because of the way smart card reader functionality is implemented on Linux hosts, you must exit Workstation Pro and restart the
pcscd daemon on the host system before you can switch from the non-virtual smart card reader to the virtual smart card reader.
- Select the virtual machine, select Disconnect., select the smart card reader, and select
- Power off the virtual machine and exit Workstation Pro.
- Physically disconnect the smart card reader from the host system.
- Restart the pcscd daemon on the host system.
- Physically connect the smart card reader to the host system.
- Start Workstation Pro and start the virtual machine.
- Select the virtual machine, select Connect., select the smart card reader, and select