You can configure a virtual machine to use an ALSA sound card by modifying virtual machine settings.
- Select the virtual machine and select .
- On the Hardware tab, select Sound Card.
- Select Connected and Connect at power on.
- Select Specify host sound card and select the ALSA sound card.
- If the ALSA sound card does not appear in the list, use the alsa-utils package to list the ALSA sound cards on the host system and select Specify host sound card again.
For example: aplay -L
- Click OK to save your changes.