If the WINS server that the DHCP server uses on the NAT network is already set up on the host system, you can connect the virtual machine to it.
You can use this procedure for Windows guest operating systems. The steps might be different, depending on the Windows operating system type.
- In the Windows virtual machine, right-click My Network Places and select Properties.
- Right-click the virtual network adapter and click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In the TCP/IP Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- On the WINS tab, under the NetBIOS setting, select Default: Use NetBIOS setting from DHCP Server.
- Click OK twice and click Close.