You can import a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ and run it in Workstation Pro. You can import both .ovf and .ova files.
- In Workstation Pro, select .
- Browse to the vCenter Server Appliance .ovf or .ova file and click Open.
- Select the license agreement check box and click Next.
- Continue through the wizard, responding to prompts and clicking through to the next dialog box.
- If the import fails, click Retry to try again, or click Cancel to cancel the import.
If you retry the import, Workstation Pro relaxes the OVF specification conformance and virtual hardware compliance checks and you might not be able to use the virtual machine in Workstation Pro.
After Workstation Pro successfully imports the vCenter Server Appliance as a virtual machine, the virtual machine appears in the virtual machine library. Workstation Pro then powers on the virtual machine and applies the vCenter Server Appliance configuration.