In full screen mode, the virtual machine display fills the screen and you cannot see the borders of the Workstation Pro window.
You can configure the guest operating system to report battery information. This feature is useful when you run a virtual machine in full screen mode on a laptop. See Report Battery Information in the Guest.
- Verify that the latest version of VMware Tools is installed in the guest operating system.
- Verify that the guest operating system display mode is larger than the host system display mode. If the guest operating system display mode is smaller than the host system display mode, you might not be able to enter full screen mode. If you cannot enter full screen mode, add the line mks.maxRefreshRate=1000 to the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- If you have multiple monitors, move the Workstation Pro window onto the monitor to use for full screen mode.
- To enter full screen mode, select the virtual machine and select .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+right arrow to switch to the next powered-on virtual machine and Ctrl+Alt+left arrow to switch to the previous powered-on virtual machine.
- When in full screen mode, you can also use the tabs on the full screen toolbar to switch between powered-on virtual machines.
- To hide the full screen toolbar while you are using full screen mode, click the push pin icon on the full screen toolbar and move the mouse pointer off of the toolbar.
The toolbar is unpinned and slides up to the top of the monitor and disappears.
- To show the full screen toolbar after it has been hidden, point to the top of the screen until the toolbar appears and click the push pin icon.
- To exit full screen mode, on the full screen toolbar select Full Screen. , and deselect