When you remove a role, Workstation Pro removes the definition from the list of roles.
Important: Make sure that you understand how users will be affected before you remove or replace role assignments.
If you are removing a role on a remote host, connect to the remote server. See Connect to a Remote Server.
- Open the Edit Roles dialog box.
Option Description Remove a role on the local host
- (Windows host) Right-click Shared VMs and select Roles.
- (Linux host) Right-click Shared VMs and select Edit Roles.
Remove a role on a remote host
- (Windows host) Right-click the remote host and select Roles.
- (Linux host) Right-click the remote host and select Edit Roles.
- Select the role to remove and click Remove.
On a Windows host, Workstation Pro removes configured user or group and role pairings on the host. Users or groups that do not have other permissions assigned lose all privileges.
- If the role is assigned to a user or group, select a reassignment option and click OK.
Option Description Remove the role from all affected users and groups
- (Windows host) Select Remove role assignments.
- (Linux host) Select Remove affected permissions.
Remove the role and assign another role to all affected users and groups
- (Windows host) Select Reassign affected users to and select a role.
- (Linux host) Select Reassign affected permissions to and select a role.