Host systems must meet certain disk drive requirements. Guest operating systems can reside on physical disk partitions or in virtual disk files.
Disk Drive Requirements for Host Systems
- IDE, SATA, SCSI and NVMe hard drives are supported.
- At least 1 GB free disk space is recommended for each guest operating system and the application software used with it. If you use a default setup, the actual disk space needs are approximately the same as those for installing and running the guest operating system and applications on a physical computer.
- For basic installation, 1.5 GB free disk space is required on Windows and Linux. You can delete the installer after the installation is complete to reclaim disk space.
|Optical CD-ROM and DVD
- IDE, SATA, and SCSI optical drives are supported.
- CD-ROM and DVD drives are supported.
- ISO disk image files are supported.
||Virtual machines can connect to disk drives on the host computer. Floppy disk image files are also supported.