You must install Workstation Pro on a host system that meets certain processor requirements.
The following host systems are supported.
- Systems using processors launched in 2011 or later except for systems using the following processors.
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 Bonnell micro-architecture. For example, Atom Z670/Z650 and Atom N570.
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 Saltwell micro-architecture. For example, Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, and Atom N2800/N2600.
- AMD processors based on the Llano and Bobcat micro-architectures.
- Systems using the following processors.
- Intel processors based on the 2010 Westmere micro-architecture. For example, Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, and Core i7-990.
Processor Requirements for 64-Bit Guest Operating Systems
- An AMD CPU with AMD-V support
- An Intel CPU with VT-x support
If you have an Intel CPU that has VT-x support, you must verify that VT-x support is enabled in the host system BIOS. The BIOS settings that must be enabled for VT-x support vary depending on the system vendor. See the VMware knowledge base article at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003944 for information about how to determine if VT-x support is enabled.
When you install a 64-bit operating system, Workstation Pro performs checks to make sure the host system has a supported processor. You cannot install a 64-bit operating system if the host system does not meet the processor requirements.