Modems and certain streaming data devices, such as speakers and webcams, do not work properly in a virtual machine unless you enable support for isochronous USB devices.
- Verify that the guest operating system supports USB 2.0 devices or 3.0 devices.
- On a Windows XP guest operating system, verify that the latest service pack is installed. If you use Windows XP with no service packs, the driver for the EHCI controller cannot be loaded.
- Select the virtual machine and select .
- On the Hardware tab, select USB Controller.
- From the USB Compatibility list, select USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.
Option Description USB 2.0 Available if the virtual machine hardware is compatible with Workstation 6 and later virtual machines. USB 3.0 Available for Linux guests running kernel version 2.6.35 or later and for Windows 8 guests. The virtual machine hardware must be compatible with Workstation 8 and later virtual machines.
- Click OK to save your changes.