VMware vCloud Availability is a Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) solution. In multi-tenant clouds, vCloud Availability provides asynchronous replications, failover, and migrations for vApps or virtual machines. vCloud Availability is available through the VMware Cloud Provider Program.
- From an on-premises vCenter Server site to a vCloud Director site
- From a vCloud Director site to an on-premises vCenter Server site
- From one vCloud Director site to another vCloud Director site
In a single cloud environment, vCloud Availability Cloud Tunnel Appliance, vCloud Availability Cloud Replication Management Appliance, and vCloud Availability Cloud Replicator Appliance operate together in a vCloud Director site to form the vCloud Availability stack. It supports the management of the replications, the secure communication, and the storage of the replicated data. Service providers can support recovery for multiple tenant environments that can scale to handle increasing loads for each tenant, and for multiple tenants.
In an on-premises environment, a single vCloud Availability On-Premises Appliance supports the replication management for tenants by using the vCloud Availability vSphere Client Plug-In.
What's New in the vCloud Availability Documentation
- For the security and compliance in vCloud Availability, see vCloud Availability Security.
- In Installing, Configuring, and Upgrading vCloud Availability On-Premises:
- In the on-premises site, to upgrade vCloud Availability, see Upgrading vCloud Availability On-Premises.
- In Installing, Configuring, and Upgrading vCloud Availability in the Cloud:
- Hands-on Labs (HOL) for vCloud Availability: VMware Cloud Provider Platform - DR and Migration using vCloud Availability
- VMware vCloud Availability product page
- VMware vCloud-Availability Network Ports
- VMware vCloud-Availability Configuration Maximums
- VMware vCloud Availability 3.5 API Reference
- VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation
- VMware vSphere Documentation
Looking for VMware vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR Documentation
Since April 2019, vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR changed its product name to vCloud Availability.