Synchronize workload data from the destination site2 to the source site1.
After you perform a failover migration from the source site1 to the target site2, the migrated VM is running on the target site2. А subsequent Reverse task synchronizes and protects data from the destination site2 back to the source site1.
Verify that you have performed a Failover task to the vApp before starting the Reverse task.
Verify that the virtual machine you want to reverse is turned off at the source site1.
- Log in to the vCloud Availability Portal with organization administrator credentials.
- Locate the vApp that you want to reverse in the DR Workloads and verify that it is turned off at the source site1.
- Call out the Actions pane by clicking the vApp.
- Click Reverse to select the task.
- Click OK to confirm and initiate the reverse protecting task.
You can monitor the progress of the task in the Actions pane.
After the reverse task completes, the reversed replication is removed from the list of incoming replications and appears in the list of outgoing replications The VM is running in the source site2 with a workload protection at the destination site1.
What to do next
From the Actions pane run the failback workflow, test failback, pause the reverse replication, edit the configuration or detach the vApp. If you detach the vApp, it is no longer protected by the vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR solution and disappears from the vApps list